Taco Tuesday is always a good idea, as is Meatless Monday. Do both with this recipe! It’s easy, versatile, and fast – everything a taco should be. This can also be easily made vegan with some substitutions. I found a cauliflower at my local Independent grocery store that was bigger than my head (and my head is big!) for just $4.99 and used just half for this recipe, so it’s cost effective too!
There is no doubt that we love tacos in my family. And as we slowly get closer to Spring and the sun gradually sets later each night, I am drawn to dishes that make me think warmer weather is just around the corner. To me, those dishes are frequently tacos and other handheld meals. I can’t wait to start using Spring and Summer produce for many more epic taco recipes – and burgers, wraps, etc. I’m a big fan of all things handheld.
Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 medium or 1/2 large cauliflower, broken up into small florets
- olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium avocado (could alternatively use guacamole)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lime, in wedges
- salt + pepper
- 200g thick plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay out cauliflower florets. Drizzle with olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to combine. With your hands above the baking sheet, break up the two chipotle peppers, along with some of the adobo sauce. Toss again to thoroughly coat the cauliflower, and then roast for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the chipotle-yoghurt sauce. In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of sauce, the roasted cauliflower, slices of avocado, and cilantro. Serve with extra slices of lime. Enjoy!
*For vegan substitutions, you could use vegan mayo and agave syrup in place of the yoghurt and honey!