Once Christmas has passed, I am officially over winter. To me, there is nothing left to look forward to other than the coming of Spring. Not even New Years, which to me is one of the most over-rated holiday celebrations. It’s just always disappointing! So to help myself pretend the flowers are beginning to bloom and the songbirds are returning, I made this toast for breakfast (well actually lunch). It’s easy, fresh, and delicious, and you may already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen.
Instead of scrambling your eggs, you could poach or fry them – whatever way you like!
GOAT CHEESE + PEAS + SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
YIELDS: 1 serving
- 1 large slice of bread (I would suggest an artisanal loaf, or you could make your own)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 organic free-run eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, cooked according to package instructions.
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt + pepper to taste
- Toast your bread. Meanwhile, scramble your eggs in a small bowl. Once toasted, spread goat cheese on the toast. Liberally spread the goat cheese onto the toast.
- Using a spoon or your fingers, spread the peas across the goat cheese. Gently press the peas into the goat cheese so that they don’t roll off.
- Melt the butter in a pan, and then add your eggs. Scramble your eggs and cook to your liking. When finished, layer the eggs across your toast, and then sprinkle any remaining peas on top. Finish with some fresh thyme and salt and pepper. Enjoy!